Archive for Paintapalooza Paintball Forum
 


       Paintapalooza Forum Index -> Paintball Talk
GoTsKiLLz

Angel "The Gat"

i am looking into buying an Angel "Gat" but not too sure how it shoots. anyone have any advice if the gat is a good gun? i kno pretty much all Angels are good guns but just wondering if anyone has seen one in action or shot one. ight thanks.
HS

It's an 06 Speed with some ups.

Here's some background. The 06 Speed/Gat is built on the original framework set by the G7 Fly. It is an improvement over it's predecessors because of increased airflow and such... yadda yadda... it's all good. Anyways, the design is almost flawless; kick is almost zero, flow is fantastic, efficiency is pristine.... yadda.

I would buy one in a hot second. Seen em shoot; pretty much leet.
sinisterNorth

I've seen one at a larger tourney and the thing absolutely ripped. They're really hott guns....
GoTsKiLLz

thanks for the info i got about $310 at the moment and getting some more money soon. so hopefully i'll be able to buy it in a month or two.
Justice

I hope your not trading your Proto for it. I guess it would be an ok backup marker for you. I would get another Proto tho IMO.
GoTsKiLLz

Justice wrote:
I hope your not trading your Proto for it. I guess it would be an ok backup marker for you. I would get another Proto tho IMO.
no way in trading the proto lol. put too much money into my proto w/the freak kit, board, trigger, grips, hopper. i have an A-5 and Ion so i might be looking at selling the A-5 because i doubt i will ever use it again Confused. i havent used my A-5 since after i got my Ion and that was like 8-9 months ago almost. so its just sitting there getting dust and i think i can get a decent amount of cash for it unlike if i were selling my Ion.
cdacda13

If you can get pass the way it looks, its really a great gun. The gat is basically a G7 Fly with some importments and upgrades stock (barrel, ASA, feedneck.)
GoTsKiLLz

cdacda13 wrote:
If you can get pass the way it looks, its really a great gun. The gat is basically a G7 Fly with some importments and upgrades stock (barrel, ASA, feedneck.)
i think its looks ight, only thing im not too fond of is the 16" barrel. it would deff need a Freak Kit put on it. but i dont care about looks too much i want something that performs well.
abr5

y a freak kit? y not a matchstick (if the were made for angels), or a pepperstick? much better imo. i've heard freak backs can bend Confused
cdacda13

abr5 wrote:
y a freak kit? y not a matchstick (if the were made for angels), or a pepperstick? much better imo. i've heard freak backs can bend Confused

Well, I think he already has a freak kit so all he has to do is buy a angel freak back, which is way cheaper then buying a whole new kit.
GoTsKiLLz

cdacda13 wrote:
abr5 wrote:
y a freak kit? y not a matchstick (if the were made for angels), or a pepperstick? much better imo. i've heard freak backs can bend Confused

Well, I think he already has a freak kit so all he has to do is buy a angel freak back, which is way cheaper then buying a whole new kit.
no doubt i already have a stainless steel freak kit for my proto so all i would need is a black back and put the red front of my proto on the angel
HS

Remeber that The Gat/G7 Fly/06 Speed use the NEW angel threads. Only a few companies make these threads, CP and Dye at least. And the 16 equates to like a 14, becauses it's recessed. And, a Freak could never beat an UL.
GoTsKiLLz

HS wrote:
Remeber that The Gat/G7 Fly/06 Speed use the NEW angel threads. Only a few companies make these threads, CP and Dye at least. And the 16 equates to like a 14, becauses it's recessed. And, a Freak could never beat an UL.
but how is the UL more accurate than a Freak Kit? i know that the UL is a two piece but it does not have any inserts or anything like that. so how would it stack up to a freak kit that has 8 inserts?
HS

The backs are equivalent to inserts. If you want a different bore, you just buy a different back.

As to why ULs are better, they just are, okay? And they come stock.... so why replace it?
GoTsKiLLz

HS wrote:
The backs are equivalent to inserts. If you want a different bore, you just buy a different back.

As to why ULs are better, they just are, okay? And they come stock.... so why replace it?
lol they just are? hmm so ur sayin dont even waste money on a Freak back just keep the UL on it?
Ghostslinger

i believe that is what he is trying to communicate to you. but imo, do watever u want to it since its ur money
HS

GoTsKiLLz wrote:
HS wrote:
The backs are equivalent to inserts. If you want a different bore, you just buy a different back.

As to why ULs are better, they just are, okay? And they come stock.... so why replace it?
lol they just are? hmm so ur sayin dont even waste money on a Freak back just keep the UL on it?

Yes. Especially since I am fairly certain that you can't get a Freak back that would fit in the new threads.

       Paintapalooza Forum Index -> Paintball Talk
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum