Archive for Paintapalooza Paintball Forum
 


       Paintapalooza Forum Index -> Upgrade Help
Roll Tide

Soldering

I know nothing about soldering and need to know some stuff. Basically, the POS stock board in my Icon E got fried or something. And my friend had the board from his A-5 E-grip left over, so he gave it to me. I need more slack in the wires to make it fit right, can I solder on longer wires? The solenoid fit decently, but im not sure if it's tripping correctly. So, I was just going to use the Icon-E's solenoid. The activation switch from the E-Grip is much better and has the two little holes for the pins so that all looks good. All I need is some help with soldering...
tigman250

http://www.epemag.wimborne.co.uk/solderfaq.htm
http://www.seas.upenn.edu/ese/rca/funstuff/soldering/soldering.html
http://www.circuittechctr.com/guides/7-0.shtml
here are a few of the hundreds i found if you need more info type "soldering" in a search engine, hope it helps
cdacda13

Sodering is so easy. I was able to do the 9v mod to my reloader B within minutes.

One Tip:
Use good soder. Not the cheap stuff.
Smitty

cdacda13 wrote:
Sodering is so easy. I was able to do the 9v mod to my reloader B within minutes.

One Tip:
Use good soder. Not the cheap stuff.
Just take your time at first, though. Make sure you don't mess up.
Roll Tide

I still don't understand... those sites show me how to make the joints, how do I connect wire?
Smitty

www.google.com
Roll Tide

Smitty wrote:
www.google.com


I was hoping for some of those "tricks of the trade" tips. Oh well.
cdacda13

Strip the covering.

Put heat Srink on one of the wires

Put wires side by side. Like this ! !

twist wires together.

Soder together
!
Bend wires so their long ways. Like this !

Move heat srink over the sodered area, heat up heat srink useing a lighter.

You're done. (i should have said in the first place, my Dad is an electrian)
Roll Tide

cdacda13 wrote:
Strip the covering.

Put heat Srink on one of the wires

Put wires side by side. Like this ! !

twist wires together.

Soder together
!
Bend wires so their long ways. Like this !

Move heat srink over the sodered area, heat up heat srink useing a lighter.

You're done. (i should have said in the first place, my Dad is an electrian)


Thanks you.
Roll Tide

Thanks for your help Tigman and especially Cda. It all works... lol Icon with an E-Grip board. Check the Marker Gallery I'm about to post pics of it.
tigman250

glad it worked out for you!
cdacda13

Any time bro
Justice

Roll Tide wrote:
Thanks for your help Tigman and especially Cda. It all works... lol Icon with an E-Grip board. Check the Marker Gallery I'm about to post pics of it.


Kool.

Hey man off topic...

I saw an 70's Vette pull up to I think a 73 Cutlass today at a stop light. I thought I was back in the 70's there for a minute. Both cars were in very nice shape...

Ok back to subject.

       Paintapalooza Forum Index -> Upgrade Help
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum